Sunday, May 10, 2009

Babette blankett

When I watch TV, I need something easy to keep my hands busy (otherwise, I fall asleep in the 5 first minutes of any show...). I also have a hudge stash of yarn leftovers. So the Babette blankett from www.knittingdaily.com was perfert for me.
Here it is. PS my assistant Choupette disagreed a lot with this project. She could not sleep quietly on my lap while my hands were moving, and she said so a lot of times. Almost everyday, I would find balls of yarn in some strange places in the house, even when I put them in a box and closed the lid... In the very "good days" I would find all the ball outside the box, and the assistant in the box instead...

10 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

The blanket is gorgeous. Ilove the pattern. What a good use for left over yarn. I can just see your assistant working over the balls of yarn too.

Corryna said...

I love it! I would love to have one like this one day. Maybe a new holiday project.

startare said...

Superbe! les couleurs sont magnifiques. Tu ne fais pas de bordure? je n'ai pas encore eu le courage de commencer la mienne.

Maya Sara Matthew said...

That's a fantastic blanket.The colours and the composition of different sizes of squares is so alive and it "speaks" to meeautiful.Beautiful.

Rosemary said...

Lovely blanket, checking out knitting link.

Susan Elliott said...

C'est Magnifique!!!! I have a dream of making a Babette blanket one day as well. Yours is beautiful!

SewAmy said...

goodness, this is so pretty. It looks like a patchwork quilt.

Muriel said...

Oh mais dis donc, elle est magnifique!
Au mur, ça ferait un très joli tableau!

Judy Rys said...

I love your blanket. I wish I could knit well enough to make one.

Wanda said...

I'm sorry your assistant does not find knitting to her liking. It is very beautiful, dispite one's acts of sabatoge!! I think I'm going to try my hand at knitting. I've never done it before